Easiest kite ever (template and instructions)
12:0AM, Jan 5th 2013
Made from a single sheet of paper, this breeze of a kite is all a kid needs to catch the wind. A great holiday craft project!
Made from a single sheet of paper, this breeze of a kite is all a kid needs to catch the wind. What a great holiday craft project!
What you need
- Kite template – download it here. Print it out on an A4 sheet of paper.
- Clear tape
- Single-hole punch
- Embroidery thread or kite cord
- 1.5m of ribbon
1. Cut out the kite from the template and make creases as shown. Reinforce the side points with tape as shown, then punch a hole in each point.
2. To make the kite harness, tie the ends of a 60cm length of embroidery thread or kite cord to the holes.
3. For the kite string, tie one end of a length of thread or cord to the harness. Make the loop loose so the string slides easily along the harness. Our string, for running with, was about 2.5m long. For a higher flying kite, you can use a longer string.
4. Staple the ribbon to the bottom of the kite for a tail.
Looking for the perfect Christmas or New Year's Eve dress? Mama Stylista has got you covered!
Jade Morley reminds us of the power of words.
Sophie Shaw gets real about presents what her son really needs for Christmas.